Microsoft’s Bing search engine has struggled to gain market share against Google. However, Microsoft is not giving up on Bing and has been investing heavily in the search engine. One of the ways Microsoft is trying to encourage more people to use Bing is through its Bing Search Rewards program, which rewards users for searching on Bing.
The Bing Search Rewards program is a loyalty program offered by Microsoft that rewards users for using the Bing search engine. Here’s a brief history of the program:
- September 2010: The Bing Rewards program is launched in the United States as a way to incentivize users to use Bing instead of other search engines. The program allows users to earn points for searches made on Bing, which can be redeemed for gift cards, charitable donations, or other rewards.
- April 2012: The Bing Rewards program is expanded to include users in Canada.
- September 2013: The program is renamed to Microsoft Rewards, and is expanded to include other Microsoft products and services, such as purchasing apps and games from the Microsoft Store.
- August 2016: Microsoft Rewards is expanded to the United Kingdom, France, and Germany.
- March 2018: Microsoft Rewards is expanded to Australia.
- August 2018: Microsoft Rewards is expanded to New Zealand.
- September 2019: Microsoft Rewards is expanded to Singapore.
- October 2020: Microsoft Rewards is expanded to Brazil.
Microsoft Rewards is now available in Malaysia as part of a recent expansion. You can earn free gift cards and more when you join Microsoft Rewards and search using Microsoft Bing.
How to Join Bing Rewards?
You can join Microsoft Rewards by visiting the Microsoft Rewards website and signing up with your Microsoft account. Once you sign up, you can start earning points by doing your internet searches with Bing, using the Microsoft Edge browser and using the Windows search box.
How to Earn Bing Rewards?
Basically, you will just need to use Bing search engine, each time you will be rewarded with points ranging from 3 – 10 depending on the search terms category.
Besides search activities, there are different activities to earn points depending on the ongoing campaigns during the period.
You can redeem your Bing Rewards points for a variety of rewards, including gift cards, sweepstakes entries, and charitable donations. Redemption catalog vary depending on your country.
Bing Search Rewards is just one of the strategies Microsoft has implemented to increase its market share in the search engine industry. Microsoft has been working to improve the quality of Bing’s search results, partnering with other companies, integrating Bing with other products, and offering unique features.
Recently, Microsoft has also introduced a new feature called Bing Chat. Bing Chat is an AI-powered chatbot that users can chat with to get quick answers to their questions. Users can ask Bing Chat anything, from weather updates to movie recommendations to directions to a nearby restaurant. If a user asks Bing Chat for a restaurant recommendation, Bing Chat can not only provide a suggestion but also show the user reviews and ratings of the restaurant from Bing’s search results.
The statement mentioned “Bing is powered by AI, so surprises and mistakes are possible. Make sure to check the facts, and share feedback so we can learn and improve!” which in fact relatively true, few testing has been made and we realised that the answer wasn’t always correct, some of them are outdated.
Whether or not Bing Chat will be successful in increasing Bing’s market share remains to be seen, but it is clear that Microsoft is not giving up on Bing anytime soon.